Custom Search

Friday, August 29, 2008

Rangeela Capsicum Raita

Just a few days back I discovered this lovely orange colored capsicum in the vegetable market here in Nice, south of France.

All these tempting colors of red,orange,yellow and green were giving me an inviting look to do something creative with them.

But what should I make , I know my husband hates capsicums unless they are crunchy like in salads. Once well cooked I know he will just take them out from whatever vegatable I cook and put it in the corner of the plate giving it a forsaken look.

I had read in some places about capsicum raita and I thought when I will mix all the colors on the base of the white curd they will look wonderful.

So Voila ! here was my recipe simple and easy, Just put all the capsicums in the microwave

for 2 minutes till they are just about cooked yet do not give the completely boiled /cooked taste.

Add the tempering of mustard and cumin in oil . Sprinkle some jeera ,coriander and red chilli powder and there you are . Chill and serve.

Use your own imagination to make it look wonderful and appealing like in the image above :-).

For Detailed Ingredients and Video Recipe

Watch on YouTube- Raita Rangeela

or

Watch on Rediff Ishare-Raita Rangeela

No comments: